Leaders of most Calhoun County public and private schools this morning announced they would dismiss early today and start late on Wednesday. That decision also wiped out most after-school activities, including sports. Teams are not allowed to play or practice if school is let out early for weather.
With the regular season scheduled ot end this week, a number of games have been canceled outright. But several teams must reschedule in order to complete Class 1A, Area 12 play, including Donoho, Sacred Heart, Jacksonville Christian and Ragland.
Among the canceled and postponed games:
- Alexandria at Weaver — canceled
- Gadsden City at Anniston — postponed, rescheduled for 6 p.m. Thursday
- Donoho at Sacred Heart — postponed, rescheduled for 5 p.m. Friday
- Wellborn at Faith Christian — postponed, rescheduled for 5 p.m. Saturday
- Jacksonville at White Plains — canceled
- Ragland at Jacksonville Christian — postponed, rescheduled for 1 p.m. Wednesday
- Ohatchee at Woodland — postponed, rescheduled for 5 p.m. Thursday
- Oxford at Mountain Brook — postponed, rescheduled for 6 p.m. Thursday
- Cherokee County at Piedmont — postponed, TBA
- Munford at Cleburne County — postponed, rescheduled for 5 p.m. Thursday
- Cleburne County and Saks, originally set to play Thursday, will either postpone or cancel the game.
- Ranburne at Spring Garden — postponed, TBA
Sports Writer Brandon Miller: 256-235-3575. On Twitter @bmiller_star.