HOT BLAST: The 1 percent's heavy burden
Dec 10, 2013 | 1299 views |  0 comments | 30 30 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Donna Van Natten with The Enterprise Center, left, and Valoria Armstrong with the Tennessee American Water Co., talk during a May 2013 job fair being held at the Urban League in Chattanooga, Tenn. (AP Photo/Chattanooga Times Free Press, Dan Henry)
Donna Van Natten with The Enterprise Center, left, and Valoria Armstrong with the Tennessee American Water Co., talk during a May 2013 job fair being held at the Urban League in Chattanooga, Tenn. (AP Photo/Chattanooga Times Free Press, Dan Henry)
slideshow
Jay Bookman offers a BizarroWorld of GOP policy:

Since after-tax corporate profits as a share of the economy are only twice as high as their historic norm; since just 95 cents of every dollar in income growth since 2009 has gone to the top 1 percent, leaving an entire nickel to be split up among the remaining 99 percent; since income inequality is merely the highest it has been since 1928 (great year, by the way), and since median pay for CEOs jumped an embarrassingly tiny 19.5 percent this year, it is obvious to any rational observer that government has made it impossible for American capitalists to make a decent profit. 
Comments must be made through Facebook
No personal attacks
No name-calling
No offensive language
Comments must stay on topic
No infringement of copyrighted material


Friends to Follow



Today's Events

event calendar

post a new event

Monday, April 21, 2014

Marketplace