• Bazaar/bake sale, 7 a.m.-2 p.m., Saks First United Methodist Church, U.S. Highway 431 and Glade Road. Breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase. Call 256-237-2922 for more information.
• Bake sale, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Patton Baptist Church, Lincoln. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Youth fundraiser indoor yard sale, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Mamre Baptist Church, U.S. Highway 431 North, approximately five miles past Alexandria on the left, gym building.
• Community Thanksgiving service, 4 p.m., 17th Street Missionary Baptist Church, 801 W. 17th St. A community celebration of thankfulness to God including a procession of clergy, choir and parade of banners. Hosted by Interfaith Ministries. For more information, call 256-237-1472.
• Annual Cornelia B. Smith harvest tea, 4 p.m., Murray Temple C.M.E. Church, 1614 Mulberry Ave. Special guests include the Rev. Jermaine Marshall of Orlando, Fla., and soloist Vanessa Bonner.
• Annual choir day, 3 p.m., Mars Hill Baptist Church, 1923 Noble St. The Rev. Charles E. Burton Sr. is pastor; all choirs, groups and soloists are invited.
• Thanksgiving lunch after the service, Ohatchee First Baptist Church, 2090 Spring Road. Bring a covered dish, all are welcome.
• Wilburn and Wilburn in concert, 6 p.m., First Baptist Church of Saks, 4723 Saks Road.
Sunday, Dec. 1
• Anniston Youth Orchestra Christmas concert, 5 p.m., Harvest International Ministry, 707 Wilmer Ave. Donations will be accepted, proceeds go to help offset cost of orchestra’s performance in Florida summer 2014.
• The 16th annual red, white and green tea, 3:30 p.m., Greater Calvary Baptist Church, 1600 Constantine Ave. Fashion show, praise dancers, rappers, choirs and more will be featured, first five attendees will receive a gift. The Rev. Hersey Taylor is pastor, everyone is invited to attend.
Sunday, Dec. 8
• “The Word Became Flesh,” Defending the Faith conference, 4:30 p.m., Anniston Bible Church, 3230 Coleman Road.
How to submit calendar items
Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
• Email to email@example.com “For Faith Calendar”
• Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
• Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
• Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
Call 256-235-3556 with any questions.