• Benefit supper for Zachery Coffee at 5 p.m., singing at 6:30 p.m. at the Choccolocco Community Church, 22 Nicholas Court, across from Pine Hill Country Club Golf Course, Choccolocco. Zachery, the 2-year-old son of Lenn and Staci Coffee of Oxford, has leukemia. A love offering will be accepted for expenses related to his condition. Admission is free and open to the public. Call 256-237-3405 or 256-310-7126 for more information.
• Homecoming, Betta View Hills Church of Christ, 2140 U.S. 78, West, Oxford. Larry Cline of Knoxville, Tenn., will speak. Bible study at 9:30 a.m., worship service at 10:30 a.m. followed by a fellowship meal and worship service at 1 p.m. Call 256-831-0651 for more information.
• Reformation lectures, 6 p.m., Anniston Bible Church.
• Celebration of 129th church anniversary, 4 p.m., Mount Olive Baptist Church, 101 S. Christine at B Street. Theme is “The Ministry of the Christian Church at Home, the Community, and the World,” Acts 1:6-11. Special guest is the Rev. W.S. Fields and Bethel Baptist Church of Anniston. Everyone is invited to attend. Call 256-236-9821 for more information.
• Annual women’s day, 4 p.m., Haven United Methodist Church, 114 W. 17th St. Theme is “Living the Heart of God-Crossing Boundaries,” the Book of Ruth. Guest speaker is the Rev. Dianne Williams, pastor of Rising Star United Methodist Church.
• Fall revival, 6:30 p. m., Deliverance Missionary Baptist Church, 117 W. 13th St., Billy E. Harris is pastor, difference speakers each night.
• LobsterFest, a benefit for Habitat for Humanity, noon- 7 p.m., Grace Episcopal Church, 1000 Leighton Ave.
• Reformation Sunday, Sunday school: The Prayer Life of John Knox, taught by Bradley Pinkerton, 9-10 a.m.; worship: The Lord’s Day, taught by Pastor Bob St. John, 10:15 a.m., Anniston Bible Church.
• Free meal, provided by His Hands Extended, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., House of Prayer Church of God, Hamric Drive, U.S. 78, next to UPC, dine-in only, everyone is welcome. Call 256-689-1419 for more information.
How to submit calendar items
Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
• Email to email@example.com “For Faith Calendar”
• Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
• Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
• Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
Call 256-235-3556 with any questions.