• Free meal for Oxford and surrounding area, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., House of Prayer Church of God, 18 Hamric Drive next to UPS, sponsored by His Hands Extended, dine-in only. Call 256-831-3505 or 256-689-1419 for more information.
• Deadline is today to register/pay for a trip to LaGrange, Ga., to visit the Explorations in Antiquity Center with the Emma Richardson Circle and Abundant Life Outreach Ministry. The center is an interactive museum of daily life in biblical times. The trip is planned for Sept. 7, leaving Friendship at 6:30 a.m. and returning by 8 p.m. Bring extra money for lunch at the center. Call 256-236-4122 or 256-238-1920 or 256-238-8822 for more information.
• Homecoming, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Victory Baptist Church, 1386 Alabama 144, Ohatchee. The Sonrise Gospelaires of Alexandria will sing, dinner at noon, admission is free, 256-892-3256.
• Homecoming, 10:30 a.m., North Ledbetter Street Baptist Church. Pastor is Mike Waters, Brother Ken James is guest speaker, 256-343-8996.
• Trinity lectures taught by Bob St. John, 6:15 p.m., Anniston Bible Church, 3230 Coleman Road. Visitwww.annistonbible.org for more information.
• All for Him: A Christian Writers’ Fellowship, 6:30 p.m., First Baptist Church at McClellan, 851 Morton Road. Bring a copy of your own work to read or a piece by your favorite writer. Everyone is welcome. Call 256-847-0230 for more information.
• Annual Men’s Day program, 11 a.m. service, Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 1130 W. 14th St. The Rev. Carlton L. Phillips is pastor, guest speaker will be Pastor Justin Freeman. The theme is “Men walking in solidarity with the Savior. Micah 6:8.”
• Classes begin today for Dave Ramsey’s “Financial Peace University,” Heflin Baptist Church, corner of Bedwell and Almon Streets in Heflin. Visit www.daveramsey.com/findaclass to register, or call 256-463-2576 for more information.
• Annual Women’s Day, 2:30 p.m., New Aera Baptist Church, Micaville. The Rev. Clarence Brown is pastor, guest speaker will be Pastor Elizabeth Hughley of God’s Covenant Ministry. Women wear red and white, dinner will be served.
• Special guest speaker will be Bishop Ronald Wilson, general superintendent, Hall’s Chapel Worship Center, Weaver.
• Second annual blessing of the bikes, 9:30 a.m., Grace Tabernacle Ministries, 4507 Whites Gap Road, Jacksonville, lunch will be served.
HOW TO SUBMIT CALENDAR ITEMS
■ Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
■ Email to email@example.com, note in subject line: “For Faith Calendar”
■ Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
■ Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
■ Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
■ Call 256-235-3556 with questions.