• “It’s Justified Quartet” of Piedmont will celebrate its first anniversary singing, 5 p.m., First Baptist Church. Others singers include Heaven Seekers of Piedmont, Clearvision of Oxford and the Sunrise Gospelaires of Alexandria. Master of ceremonies will be Steve Dover of Oxford. Barbecue will be served at 4 p.m., everyone is invited to attend.
• Celebration of the 133rd church anniversary, 10:45 a.m., Seventeenth Street Missionary Baptist Church, 801 W. 17th St. The Rev. E. Steven Richardson is pastor, 256-236-1061.
• Musician appreciation, 3 p.m., Mars Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 1300 Parkwood Drive. Words of inspiration provided by the Rev. Judge Stringer, pastor of Macedonia Baptist Church of Heflin. Musician will be Jonathan Stringer, drummer will be LaNoah Ealy Jr.
• Celebration of the 133rd church anniversary, 10:45 a.m., Seventeenth Street Missionary Baptist Church, 801 W. 17th St., the Rev. E. Steven Richardson is pastor, 256-236-1061.
• Musicians’ appreciation, 3 p.m., Mars Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 1300 Parkwood Drive, words of inspiration will be provided by the Rev. Judge Stringer, pastor of Macedonia Baptist Church of Heflin, musician will be Jonathan Stringer, drummer will be LaNoah Ealy Jr.
• Annual musical concert, 5 p.m., Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 1658 Lehman Ave., the Rev. W.S. Fields is pastor.
• Homecoming services, 3 p.m., Mars Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 1923 Noble St., the Rev. Charles E. Burton is pastor.
• Free meal for Oxford and surrounding area, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., House of Prayer Church of God, 18 Hamric Drive next to UPS, sponsored by His Hands Extended, dine-in only, call 256-831-3505 or 256-689-1419 for more information.
• Deadline is today to register/pay for a trip to LaGrange, Ga., to visit the Explorations in Antiquity Center with the Emma Richardson Circle and Abundant Life Outreach Ministry. The center is an interactive museum of daily life in biblical times. The trip is planned to leave Friendship at 6:30 a.m. Sept. 7 and return by 8 p.m. bring extra money for lunch at the center. Call 256-236-4122 or 256-238-1920 or 256-238-8822 for more information.
• All for Him: A Christian Writers’ Fellowship, 6:30 p.m., First Baptist Church at McClellan, 851 Morton Road. Bring a copy of your own work to read or a piece by your favorite writer. Everyone is welcome. Call 256-847-0230 for more information.
• Annual Men’s Day program, 11 a.m. service, Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 1130 W. 14th St. The Rev. Carlton L. Phillips is pastor, guest speaker will be Pastor Justin Freeman. The theme is “Men walking in solidarity with the Savior. Micah 6:8.
• Registration for Dave Ramsey’s “Financial Peace University”, Heflin Baptist Church, corner of Bedwell and Almon Streets in Heflin, visitwww.daveramsey.com/findaclass to register, or call 256-463-2576 for more information.
How to submit calendar items
■ Submit announcements no less than 10 days beforethe event takes place.
■ Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, note in subject line: “For Faith Calendar”
■ Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
■ Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
■ Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
■ Call 256-235-3556 with questions.