Here are a few of the best; the first two stand out:
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's interactive feature is, hands-down, the best new journalism on the Web about the battle. Wonderful writing and brilliant design.
- The Smithsonian has posted an extremely detailed day-by-day map of the battle that uses geology and topography for insight into the decisions the generals faced.
- Accuweather has written about the weather's effect on the battle. (It was July. It was hot.)
- The Washington Post has a wonderful feature story on an eccentric historian who has solved all sorts of Gettysburg mysteries by studying photographs.
- The Wall Street Journal has posted a photo gallery of the faces of Gettysburg. (Dig the beards!)
- The Washington Post has also written about the thousands of Gettysburg artifacts hidden away in the museum's basement.
- The Diplomat has even written about what was happening in Asia at the time of the Battle of Gettysburg.