1. Pick a resolution that will bring you greater happiness. Focusing on one goal that means the most will lead to a more fulfilling year.
2. Focus on one resolution at a time. Make small, steady progress on your goals rather than making an overly ambitious list that can’t be kept.
3. Get social support. Blogging or socializing your goals can help you feel personal responsibility and motivation, making you more likely to stay on track.
4. Choose a positive habit. Instead of resolving to quit something, compliment your positive attributes and resolve to habitually choose positive behaviors.
5. Break your resolution down. Breaking your resolutions into manageable steps can make it a habit and prevent you from getting overwhelmed.
For more information and a larger graphic, visit news.hampton.com/gethappyin2013.