Man charged with Anniston shooting and robbery
by Rachael Griffin
rgriffin@annistonstar.com
May 21, 2013 | 8728 views |  0 comments | 37 37 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Alfred Debree Miller
Alfred Debree Miller
slideshow
Anniston police on Monday charged a man with shooting at a car and robbing a man at gunpoint last week on Bacon Avenue.

Alfred Debree Miller, 25, of Anniston was charged with discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle and first-degree robbery, both felonies, according to police reports.

Anniston police Capt. Allen George said two men were visiting a home on the 1500 block of Bacon Avenue on May 13. While the 41-year-old man was still in his car, two suspects wearing masks pointed a gun at his car and attempted to rob him, George said. The other man, a 46-year-old, had left the vehicle, George said.

George said Miller and another suspect shot at the victim’s car multiple times while he tried to drive away. One bullet went through the car, George said, and struck the victim in the back, but did not pierce his skin.

The 46-year-old man was also robbed at gunpoint, George said, and the suspects stole an unknown amount of money and a cell phone.

George said the victim’s knew who Miller was and were able to aid in the investigation.

The captain said Tuesday he anticipated additional arrests to be made in the case.

Miller was in the Anniston City Jail on Tuesday afternoon, a jail employee said. A cash bond is set at $200,000. A court appearance is scheduled for June 17.

Staff Writer Rachael Griffin: 256-235-3562. On Twitter @RGriffin_Star.

Comments must be made through Facebook
No personal attacks
No name-calling
No offensive language
Comments must stay on topic
No infringement of copyrighted material


Friends to Follow


Today's Events

event calendar

post a new event

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Marketplace