May 11 • 8 AM
Entry Fee-$20.00 before May 1 ($4 Discount to ARC members)
Race Day Registrations $25.00 Race Day registration will be between 6:30 AM - 7:30 AM at Piedmont High School Stadium. Please pre-register by May 1 to guarantee a shirt. On race day, shirts available while supply lasts.
.Age Groups- (Male and Female)
9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64,
65-69, 70 & over
For more information: Heather Lamey 256-447-2220 or
• Philadelphia Baptist Church is asking for help with a cemetery cleanup. Anyone wishing to help clean the cemetery is invited to come between today and May 11. Decoration will take place May 19. Service will begin at 10:30. Kenneth Gowens will be the guest speaker.
• The Piedmont Church of God will host a special visitor on Mother’s Day, May 12. Meredith Parker will be the guest speaker. Her testimony has been televised on the 700 Club. Parker will speak during the 10:45 a.m. morning service. Special music will be provided by Heaven Seekers. The community is invited to attend.
• A reminder that while the spring season is here and many landowners will be cleaning their property, any outdoor burning within the Piedmont City Limits requires a burn permit which can be obtained free of charge, provided that you meet the outside burning criteria, you can apply for a permit at the Fire Department at 312 N. Center Ave., If you have any questions concerning outdoor burning you can call the fire department at 256-447-3364.
• The Jacksonville State University Small Business Center, the SBA, and the Calhoun County Chamber will offer one-on-one counseling for prospectoive and existing business oweners at no charge on Thursday, May 2 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Chamber office. It is necessary you make an appointment. For more information, or to make an appointment, call 256-782-5271.
• Crossplains Church of Piedmont, in partnership with the Piedmont Benevolence Center, invites kids ages 5 and up to the church every Wednesday to get F.I.T. (food, interaction, teaching) Every Wednesday night from 6-7:30 p.m. Supper, Devotion and Games. Anyone needing transportation contact 256-447-2721. Someone will return calls regarding pickup times.
• Piedmont Health Care has started an Alzheimer’s support group. The Alzheimer’s Support Group at PHCC is designed to increase public awareness and enhance individual and family education regarding Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia. For more additional information, please call Yolanda Pierce, social services director (256) 447-8258 Ext. 232. Refreshments to be provided.
• New classes for the Jacksonville State University Adult Wellness classes are: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Senior water aerobics and senior floor aerobic classes, 8 a.m., Jacksonville State University, Pete Mathews Coliseum. Contact Aubrey Crossen at 256-689-2580 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and: Tuesday and Thursday: Senior water aerobics and senior therapeutic yoga classes, 8 a.m., Jacksonville State University, Pete Mathews Coliseum. Contact Aubrey Crossen at 256-689-2580 or email@example.com for more information.
• Applications for Head Start are now being taken. Come visit a Head Start/Early Head Start Center in your community and talk with center coordinators or family advocates. For additional information in Calhoun and Cleburne counties call Gayle McClellan at 256-237-8628. Head Start Centers located in Calhoun County are Norwood, Piedmont, Ayers, Constantine and Hobson City. Children must be three years old by Sept. 1.