• Fall festival, 5-8 p.m., Nances Creek Baptist Church, Piedmont, soup/chili supper, kids super slide, obstacle course, hay ride and more, 256-310-7216.
• Fall festival, 1-5 p.m., Bethlehem Baptist Church in Oxford, games, concession, critter cage, music and more, everyone is invited, 256-831-1610.
• LobsterFest, a benefit for Habitat for Humanity, noon- 7 p.m., Grace Episcopal Church, 1000 Leighton Ave.
• Reformation Sunday, Sunday school, The Prayer Life of John Knox, taught by Bradley Pinkerton, 9-10 a.m.; worship: The Lord’s Day, taught by Pastor Bob St. John, 10:15 a.m., Anniston Bible Church.
• Free meal, provided by His Hands Extended, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., House of Prayer Church of God, Hamric Drive, U.S. 78, next to UPC, dine-in only, everyone is welcome. Call 256-689-1419 for more information.
Sunday, Oct. 27
• Reformation lectures, Sunday school, 9-10 a.m.; worship service, 10:15 a.m., Anniston Bible Church.
• Celebration of 107th church anniversary, 3 p.m., Mars Hill Baptist Church, 1923 Noble St., the Rev. Charles E. Burton Sr., is pastor; guests include the Rev. Scott Rice and Fellowship Baptist Church of Gadsden.
• Hope’s Journey in concert in observance of church’s annual old-fashion day, 2 p.m., Holley Springs Baptist Church, 2010 Choccolocco Road, across from Camp Lee, preaching will be at 10:30 a.m., concert is free and public is invited. Church members are urged to wear clothes in style from their great-grandparents era. Call 256-365-2824 or 256-835-0518 for more information.
• Harvest tea, 4 p.m., First United Presbyterian Church, 701 W. 15th St.
Sunday, Nov. 3
• Celebration of 134th church anniversary, 2:30 p.m., Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 212 Boundary St., the Rev. Billy G. Springer is pastor; guests include the Rev. Joseph S. Rowser Jr., pastor of Pine Grove Missionary Baptist Church of Lincoln.
How to submit calendar items
Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
• Email to firstname.lastname@example.org “For Faith Calendar”
• Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
• Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
• Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
Call 256-235-3556 with any questions.