• “One Frees One,” an event to raise awareness about human trafficking while supporting The Wellhouse, a program that rescues and restores victims of human trafficking. Doors open 5:30 p.m., event starts at 6 p.m., Hill Crest Baptist Church, 256-283-9894 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free community meal, sponsored by Soup for the Soul, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., First United Methodist Church of Oxford, 216 Snow St., Oxford.
• Beans & Rice Ministry food distribution, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Grace Episcopal Church, 1000 Leighton Ave.
• Grace Tabernacle Good Timers bake sale, 8 a.m., IGA Priceless store, Jacksonville. Proceeds go to the Children’s Christmas fund.
• The Bridge Christian Center presents its first annual “Back 2 School” outreach event, 5-7 p.m., The Jacksonville Community Center, the event is free and includes prize drawings, live entertainment, free school supplies and more. The guest artist will be Jai Plus 1.
• Celebration of 125th church anniversary, 10 a.m., Eulaton First Baptist Church, 1835 Gate 8 Road. Call 256-236-5489 or email email@example.com or visit www.eulaton.org for more information.
• Homecoming, 10:30 a.m., Ohatchee First Baptist Church, 2090 Spring Road, lunch to follow service, the Sunrise Gospel Aires will sing.
• Homecoming, 10:30 a.m., United Freewill Church, 401 N. Ledbetter St., “The Kelly’s” of Lawrenceburg, Tenn., will sing.
• Revival with Rusty Norred, 6:30 p.m., First Congregational Full Gospel Church, Deyo Street, special singing nightly.
• Indoor yard sale, 7 a.m.-2 p.m., Golden Springs Baptist Church, in the gym, all proceeds will be used for mission projects.
• Homecoming, 10:30 a.m., Hatcher Avenue Baptist Church, Jacksonville, no Sunday school classes, food will be served around noon. Hope’s Journey is the guest singers, everyone is invited to attend. Call 256-435-6214 for more information.
• Homecoming, 11 a.m., Coldwater United Methodist Church, covered dish lunch to follow, guest speaker will be Chris Hammond, a former major league baseball pitcher, special music by concert pianist, Rebecca Strain.
How to submit calendar items
■ Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
■ Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, note in subject line: “For Faith Calendar”
■ Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
■ Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
■ Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
■ Call 256-235-3556 with questions.