Saturday, April 20
• Huge indoor fundraiser yard sale, 7 a.m.-1 p.m., Harvest Church of God, Family Life Center, 520 Golden Springs Road, serving breakfast and lunch, proceeds go to Lynch Family missionaries in Equador.
• Wedowee Gospel quartet, Witness 4 Him, will celebrate its first anniversary, supper, 5 p.m.; singing, 6 p.m., Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church, County Road 129, Wedowee, special guests include Crystal River of Oxford and The Gospel Expressions of Wedowee. Don Sheppard of Ashland, gospel radio personality, will be the guest master of ceremonies.
• Fundraiser 50 cent yard sale, 7-10 a.m., The Living Church, 501 Quintard Ave., suites 1 and 2, next to Med-I-Trim Weight Loss.
Sunday, April 21
• Surprise appreciation for Lillian J. Fomby, who was youth choir director for more than 30 years, 11 a.m., New Hope Baptist Church, the event will be hosted by the past youth department and friends of the church.
• Unity Christian Center Founder’s Day celebration, 4 p.m., Anniston Meeting Center, guest minister and church will be Prophet Joseph R. Brown and Rhema Christian Center church family of Heflin.
• Annual men and women day celebration, 2:30 p.m., Mars Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 1300 Parkwood Drive, special guests will be the Rev. Dausha Spikes and the Bethel Baptist Church of Alpine.
Wednesday, April 24
• Support Ministry to aid in recovery of divorce, separation, or loss of a loved one due to death, 6:30 p.m., (classes will continue for 13 weeks), Hill Crest Baptist Church, the cost is $15 for the course workbook. Call 256-236-1464 if no one answers leave your questions at extension 119.
Friday, April 26
• Praying across Alabama “Prayer rally,” 12:30 p.m., Calhoun County courthouse 11th Street steps, in case of bad weather event will be held at Parker Memorial Baptist Church; 6 p.m., Hill Crest Church, U.S. 431, for childcare please make reservations by calling Calhoun Baptist Association at 256-237-5171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, April 27
• A free event “Consumed,” presented by Crimson Flame Ministries, gates open at 2:30 p.m., Zinn Park, featuring Avenue; 7eventh Time Down; Thrive band; the Interruption; Jon Walden and many more. Call 256-452-2354 for more information.
• Benefit gospel singing for Gary Haney who needs a liver transplant, supper, 5:30 p.m.; singing, 6:30 p.m., Choccolocco Community Church, 22 Nicholas Court, Choccolocco, across from golf course, guest singers will include Once Blinded, The Laytons and The Dovers, admission is free and the public is invited. Call 256-237-3405 or 256-499-6089 for more information.
• Gospel singing, supper, 4:30 p.m.; singing, 6 p.m., Five Points Baptist Church, guest singers will include Master Quartet of Tupelo, Miss., Second Coming of Griffin, Ga. Everyone is welcome. Call 770-574-7455 or 256-253-2850 for more information.
• Free hot lunch to Oxford and surrounding area, sponsored by His Hands Extended Feed Ministry, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., House of Prayer Church of God, U.S. 78 W, next to UPS, everyone is welcome. Dine-in only. Call 256-689-1419 for more information.How to submit calendar items
- Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
- Email to email@example.com, note in subject line: “For Faith Calendar”
- Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
- Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
- Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
- Call 256-235-3556 with questions.